You can find more information or download the latest version of Pantheon here.

Sunday, October 11, 2020

ZX Spectrum emulator in development

ZX Spectrum is an 8-bit home computer developed by Sinclair Research in 1982. It is simple device with 3.5 MHz Z80 processor, 16/48 KB of RAM, and poor graphics and sound capabilities. But it was cheap, that is why it became popular all over the Europe very quickly. I got my ZX Spectrum in 1984 and I was playing all sorts of games like crazy for months, and then I started to learn programming. This device brings back so many memories.

I've been developing ZX Spectrum emulator for over a month now, and it is almost complete: graphics and sound emulation is completed, almost all file formats are supported, but i still have to support some input devices (certain joysticks and light-guns). You'll be able to play ZX Spectrum games with Pantheon next year.


Atic Atac for ZX Spectrum

Bomb Jack for ZX Spectrum

4 comments: